There are now a wide range of devices, appliances and other gadgets that fall under the ‘smart home’ moniker.
It has never been more cost effective to install technology that provides security, lighting and/or multimedia within and outside your home. This technology can be integrated to ‘talk to each other’ if required and can all be controlled by a smartphone. It need not be expensive – e.g. having synchronised music in 3 rooms in your house can cost less than £100.
But with the proliferation of different systems and standards, where does one even begin!?
I have experience of working with many clients over the past few years to advise on, install and support the following:-
- Multi-room audio
- Installing security cams (Nest and others)
- Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Samsung SmartThings, Netgear Arla
- Smart lighting control
- Adding wire-free smartness to older TVs
- Motion and movement sensors
- VPN routers for permanent connection to another region
- Indoor gardens using LED systems
- Connections between smart devices using ‘IFTTT’
- Electric car charging systems
Get in touch for a no-obligation chat and initial assessment.